Main Products Area : HPLC : Caloratherm
Designed specifically for the chromatographer that needs
to increase sample throughput
Chromatographic trends indicate that separation scientists are finding increasingly more value in decreased analysis time. The Caloratherm offers that value by making it possible to perform efficient analyses at temperatures elevated above ambient. With the use of elevated temperature and the Caloratherm, it is now possible to increase your flow rates up to 5 mL/min without losing theoretical
plates and peak symmetry due to the thermal mismatch of your mobile phase and column temperatures. The Caloratherm is a perfect complement to all existing column heaters.
Thermal Mismatch Could be Robbing You of Theroretical Plates at Temperatures as Low as 60°C
Chromatogram showing the effect of preheating the mobile phase as it enters the column. Pink trace is obtained when the using the Caloratherm. Blue trace is obtained when the Caloratherm is not used. Eppendorf CH-30 Column heater at 60°C, Mobile Phase: 20%Acetonitrile:80% 3mM Phosphate pH 7, Flow rate: 3.0 mL/min, Column: Zorbax SB-C18 150mm x 4.6mm.
Caloratherm Improves Chromatography at Elevated Temperatures
- Increase usable mobile phase temperature range simply by adding the Caloratherm to your existing system without adding extra dead volume.
- Easily place the heating cartridge within your column heater between the incoming fluid source and your column.
- Set the Caloratherm control unit anywhere on your bench top with its small footprint (6.0" x 3.0" x 4.5").
- Improve chromatographic efficiency and peak shape by eliminating band broadening due to thermal mismatch.
- Decrease run time, increase signal to noise ratios and improve peak shape.
Caloratherm is versatile - use it to heat or cool the mobile phase
- Utilize dual functionality options by using it in either the Peltier cooling or active heating mode.
- Provide dynamic, independent temperature control of your mobile phase immediately before entering the column or post-column for extended detector stabilization.
The Caloratherm uses the Selerity Mobile Phase Preheater to preheat the mobile phase and eliminate thermal mismatch.
For technical information, please see Technical Notes and Application Notes. Additional information is also available in the High Temperature HPLC Brochure.
Click Here to Request Information